[TR] How many TR4s are there?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 09:29:22 MST 2012

I agree with Bob, there was a time when people were restoring TR3s, TR6s
were often 2nd cars and they led sheltered lives, but many survived in good
shape for many years (I know many didn't but still I think a higher
percentage the the 4, and 4a).  In the late 80s and early nineties when I
went to shows the TR3s and TR6s outnumbered the TR5s by 4 or 5 to 1 or more.
People have certainly started to save and restore the TR4s at a higher rate,
but I still don't think as manysurvived the bottom of the depreciation curve
used car years as the earlier or later cars.

Nothing scientific, just my observations over the years going to shows in
the midwest and being an off again on again Michelotti TR owner.

Greg Lemon