[TR] TR3 Headlight Machine Screw Size

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 20 17:01:07 MDT 2012

> My question - do these machine screws pass through the flange, bucket,
> the
> gasket and into the 10/32" nuts on the body work?

The bucket should be screwed to the gasket and body independently of the
"flange" (which I would call a lamp holder) or retaining ring.  Then the
lamp holder is held to the bucket by either 3 adjusting screws with springs
on them, or 2 adjusting screws and a single larger spring.  The earlier 3
screw version has keyhole-shaped slots that will fit over the heads of the
adjusting screws, but the later 2-screw design does not as I recall.  Then
there is a retaining ring held to the lamp holder by three much smaller
screws (I think mine are #6 sheet metal screws, about 1/4" long, but that
probably isn't original).  The lamp holder has holes in it so you can access
the bucket-to-body screws without having to remove the lamp holder first.

-- Randall