[TR] TR6 Front Suspension Bushing Choice

Skip Gurnee skip47 at gbis.com
Thu Mar 15 11:54:00 MDT 2012

In my experience, EVERY change to a real sports car should be to improve
performance, not comfort.  Comfort is a relative thing. If you want a soft
ride, buy a 1957 Chrysler Imperial.  It won't stop, (at least my dad's
wouldn't) and you may get carsick from the swaying and floating, but the
ride will be "comfortable".  Compare a contemporary Chrysler and find the
ride is harder. Is that comfortable?  I say yes, because the car is better
able to go, turn, and stop when and where YOU want.  Triumphs do all those
things even better than Chryslers.  Triumphs with race-proven parts do it
even better than that, with little diminution of perceived comfort..  So
what do you think is comfortable?  I say go with the race parts.
Best,
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4, 65 TR4A
67 Lotus Cortina
70 TVR Vixen (race car, comfortable to me)