[TR] Headlight replacement

John Wise tr3a.60 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:29:54 MST 2012

I use H-4 head lights on both by TR3A & my Porsche 911S.  I highly recommend
them for the great light pattern  -- a nice clean & crisp top of light  that
goes up on the right side to illuminate road signs.

I use a high output bulbs with a color something toward the blue end of the
spectrum (not the very blue lights).

The blueish color has a theoretical advantage because human eyes become more
sensitive to the blue end of the visual spectrum as they adapt to dark.  This
is known as the Purkinje Effect.  If you are really interested see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purkinje_effect

Class Dismissed!  ;-)

John

Professor of Human Factors Engineering
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

On  1 Mar, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Angelo Graham wrote:

> Hello List:
> A new wiring harness on my TR2 has required replacing the original Lucas
P700 headlights & bulbs with something that will accept the more 'modern'
three blade headlight connectors. Want something a bit better than the North
American style sealed beam unit. I understand that the new Lucas Tripod
replacements are very poor quality.
> Any advice on how to proceed? I understand many of the H4 conversions for 7"
round lenses are pretty scarse - i.e. Cibe & Marchal.
> What have other listers used?
> Thanks for any help with this.
> Angelo Graham
>
> ** triumphs at autox.team.net **