[TR] SU carb fuel bowl

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 3 20:27:22 MDT 2012

> what is the point of the short hose?

In the original configuration, there was also a short curved length of pipe,
with the end stuck into the mesh of the air filters.  I believe the idea was
to at least partially block dirt from getting into the bowl vents.

It's certainly not critical, the engine will run fine with the tubes just
left off.  On my engine though, I have much longer tubes that hang down
towards the ground; on the theory that since there is no net airflow, the
long tubes will help prevent dirt from getting in.  Likely that is pure
fantasy, but they don't seem to hurt anything so ...

-- Randall