[TR] SU carb fuel bowl

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Jun 3 21:31:47 MDT 2012

The vent is also the overflow in the incidence of a stuck float valve.  I
have 3 sets of SU H6 for the TR3s and they all have the short piece of fuel
line followed buy a short copper line bent at 90 degrees pointing down,
presumably to route any spillage.  I recently worked on a Morgan with the
same SU carbs and there were rubber lines run down to just below the frame,
much like the radiator overflow, this seems to make more sense to me.

So I would keep the length of hose on the vent tubes so they can provide
proper routing of excess petrol but also to prevent airborne contaminants
from entering the float bowl through the vents, and consider a longer hose
as extra security from fire.

Hope this helps,
Bill