[TR] Ignition question (and hello!)

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Mon Jul 16 07:58:33 MDT 2012

Malcolm,
You are right to think electrical as long as your fuel problem is not
starvation.  You should be able to check your timing with a light and see if
the low and high RPM setting are within spec.

Breaking down under a load, as you describe, seems more to point to one of
the following: Points too closely set, bad plug(s), bad plug wires, weak
coil or bad condenser.  I would check through these things in this order and
I bet you fix it so you can be on the road again by the weekend.

Good luck,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti