[TR] Horn issues

davgil at aol.com davgil at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 12:21:49 MDT 2012

I am trying to troubleshoot weak or no sound from the horns on my very stock
1976 TR6.  My shop manual describes an adjustment procedure, but I don't
believe that adjustment is my problem (and as usual, my horns don't have the
described adjustment screw).  I am getting approximately 6 volts at the horn
connection.  I suspect that I have some corrosion issue or a failing relay,
but before I contine to scuttle downj useless paths, I wanted to determine if
6v was the proper voltage at the horns.  As I continued to press and release
the horn button, I got more response from the horns as if something was
gradually releasing, but then blew the fuse.  I looked in the archives, but
did not find this specific information.  If someone has experience in this
area, I would appreciate it.
Regards,
David Gill
1976 TR6