[TR] Horn issues

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 15:23:40 MDT 2012

> I wanted to determine if
> 6v was the proper voltage at the horns.

Nope, should be 12v at the horns.

> As I continued to press and release
> the horn button, I got more response from the horns as if
> something was
> gradually releasing, but then blew the fuse.

I would try getting the voltage at the horns up first, as low voltage can
cause exactly those symptoms.  Because of the way they work, horns can
actually draw more current if the voltage is low (especially if one was not
sounding at all).  It's possible that one or both of the horns is bad, but
not likely I think (and you'll need to repair the electrical stuff anyway
even if you do wind up replacing the horns).

-- Randall