[TR] TR4 vacuum port

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Fri Jul 6 13:09:46 MDT 2012

I've had occasional but persistent oil fouling of the #1 plug for a
few years and a hotter plug in that cylinder has helped. Symptoms
point to worn valve guides. I was going to get a vacuum gauge and try
to do some more diagnosis. However, I don't have any manifold vacuum
port other than the advance line in the carburetor. And I'm not sure
that would work as it lies beneath the throttle plate.

The intake manifold has two bosses cast into the balance tube which
certainly looks like Triumph was thinking about this but it would have
to be drilled and tapped. Anyone else been down this road?

Allen