[TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Sun Jan 8 07:11:19 MST 2012

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012, at 8:52:42 PM, peglow at optonline.net wrote:

> After inspection or tire shop visit on my everyday driver I need an impact
> wrench if I need to remove a wheel.
> They all use impact wrenches to put the wheels on.
> I have the DW290 DeWalt, works just fine every time.
> Regards,
> Bob

Interestingly enough, the Costco guys that do the tire changes and oil/lube on
our everyday vehicles use a torque wrench when re-installing the wheels. Once
upon a time,  as soon as I got home after a tire rotation or repair, the first
thing I did was to get our the torque wrench and re-do the lug nuts. In one of
my parts bins I still have a lug nut wrench from one of the TRs that is all
bent out of shape from having to change a wheel on the side of the road after
one of those impact-happy tire jockeys had worked his magic.

Keith R. Stewart
75 Camden Road
London, Ontario
N5X 2K2