[TR] TR6 Clutch Hydraulics

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 11 17:02:08 MDT 2012

Ok,

I got my 6 out of the garage today since it is her turn for the driving
season. So now I can comment on your 6 clutch issues.

Here are my  comments on clutches on the 3, 4 and 6;

The 3 is the best by far. Easy pedal and normal engagement. Smooth and
easy on the foot.

The 4 is by far the hardest push. Release is at almost to the floor. I
have checked everything and that is the best I can get it.

The 6 is right in the middle. Engagement is about the same as the 3 but
the pedal is a bit harder to push.

As you can guess, the 3 is my favorite as far as clutches are but my
favorite drive is the 4.

Clutches were all new from TRF when installed.

No problems with MC or SC in either. Rebuilt original equipment.

So, I agree the 6 is a harder push when compared to the 3. A 70 bore
would give you better pressure but less throw. Since my 6 is a 72 I am
guessing I have the .075 bore.

For my 2 cents, as long as they work and dont leak, I am happy.

When the bury me, maybe my left leg will be bigger than my right.

Bob