[TR] TR6 Clutch Hydraulics

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Aug 11 15:37:51 MDT 2012

The TR6 was notorious for the heavy clutch.  Puts hair on your chest, they
would say.  There are two brands of clutch available for the TR6 and one is
heavier than the other.  I forget which (maybe someone here can fill in the
blanks) but it sounds like your firend got the heavier one.  The first time
I replaced the clutch in my TR6 I got lucky (or good advice perhaps it was a
long time ago) and when I first hooked up the hydraulics and pushed the
clutch pedal I though something was amiss.  Be verifying that the output flange
turned free of the engine in gear with the pedal depressed proved that it
did indeed work.

If there was something wrong with the hydraulics or the mechanical linkage
then the pressure need to depress the clutch would be noticably greater than
the pressure needed to resist its return upon release.  Do you notice this?

Dave