[TR] TR2 front wheels

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 9 15:05:32 MDT 2012

> I put a spirit level against the wheels/tyres, one of them leans out at
> the
> top by just under 1/2 inch, while the other is parallel top to bottom.
> Any
> ideas???

1/2" is about right, the other side is wrong.  You might try checking the
angle of the spring towers if you can, otherwise I don't know what to
suggest.  I'm assuming you examined the frame carefully while the body was
off and would have spotted any cracks or sharp bends (especially around the
lower suspension pivot pins), but it might be tweaked that much without
being obvious.

FWIW, twice now I've had a lower pivot that was ripped entirely loose from
the frame, but practically impossible to spot with the car assembled.  First
time, even the alignment shop didn't spot it.  Second time (years later,
different car), I found it while stripping the wreck for parts.  Most likely
it got broken in the accident, but I had driven the car after that (to the
body shop & back).

-- Randall