[TR] Caliper O-Ring

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 5 17:30:11 MDT 2012

> My feeling is that if they are not to be split they would either be
> permanently assembled

Nothing is "permanently assembled" if you apply enough force!

The advice to never disassemble Girling calipers originally came directly
from Girling.  I have seen the service note.

> or made as a single unit like on TS30766 with the crossover pipe.

So, did you also remove the big plug in the side of those calipers?  Your
theory appears to be that if it has threads, it's meant to be removed ...
<g>

-- Randall