[TR] quality synchros currently available?

aribert neumann aribertn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 22:02:22 MDT 2012

Greetings All:

I suddenly need to source synchros for my early GT6 trans.  I reused my old
synchros last time around and set aside the new ones.  Today I began to
reassemble the trans w/ the unused synchros and they are junk ( I have no
idea where I bought them 8 years ago)!  The space between the gear and
synchro is about 0.010 or less instead of the 0.040+ gap.  For grins
I chucked up one of these poorly made synchros in my lathe and removed
about 0.030 stock from the flat surface.  Now I have the suitable gap
between gear & synchro but if the taper diameter was mis-machined, what
else will give me problems?   Are there any quality synchros currently
available - and who sells them?