[TR] TR Sighting - Tehachapi Willow Springs

D&B Lambert blambert at socal.rr.com
Sat Apr 28 19:47:31 MDT 2012

Hi Bill,

What I imagine you saw was the "Poppy Run" involving members from two
Triumph Clubs: Triumph Register of Southern California (TRSC), and Southern
California Triumph Owners Association (SCTOA).  I wasn't able to make it
today, but those that went left from Valencia, traveled to Tehachapi via
back roads for lunch, and back.  The mission was to see the poppies, but I
understand that due the lack of timely rainfall this year poppies are in
short supply.
You can see a few pictures of the run on Facebook; just search "TRSC" (no
quotes).
Below are links to each club's website.  Either club would be happy if you
joined, I'm sure.  Both are great clubs.

http://www.trsc1977.com/

http://web.mac.com/sctoa/SCTOA/Welcome.html

Regards, Dennis

with
> the Boy Scouts I was driving down Tehachapi Willow Springs road and
> encountered
> the glorious sight of about 9 TR's all driving in a row. They were in
numeric
> order with the 3's in front and the 6's in back. You guys looked great and
> wanted to join you but was wearing a Boy Scout assistant scoutmaster
> uniform and
> was driving a Honda...
>      Were any of the drivers listers? Who were you guys? Where had you
guys
> been? Tehachapi for lunch (a good spot) maybe? Buttonwillow isn't until
next
> week, so it wasn't that.
>      I wish that I had taken a photo you guys looked so good.
>      If anyone reading this was there, let me know who you were. I might
even
> have to join your club. My club is dominated by retirees driving new
Jaguars.