[TR] TR Sighting - Tehachapi Willow Springs

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Apr 28 20:09:11 MDT 2012

Hi Bill,

You missed the rest of the group: 8 more TRs and a Jensen Healey.

I was kind of surprised you didn't join us for the run, guess you were busy
with the Scouts.  We started near the Valencia country club and took back
roads all the way to the Apple Shed for lunch.  Not as many poppies as I had
hoped, but it was still a very nice run.  Lots of sunshine and pretty
country (although it did get chilly enough for a jacket coming through the
pass).

After lunch we broke up; I drove on up to look at the Tehachapi loop, then
took the freeways back down to Angeles Crest highway and drove over those
mountains as well.

Unfortunately my OD crapped out; I'm guessing it has a broken wire inside
the solenoid since it first started buzzing, then worked for a bit, then
stopped altogether.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to change an A-type solenoid without
removing the trans tunnel?

-- Randall