[TR] Update on addco sway bar

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 22 08:57:45 MDT 2012

You guys may remember I bought an addco sway bar for the front of a early (ct3xx) TR4.
It did not fit.
Basically, the problem is that the bar's side arms are too short to allow the bar to be mounted high enough on the front bumper supports to allow the bar to be level, and allow the links to be vertical.
I was contacted by Addco, and told that if I would send info they would make a bar that works.
I was happy to help and sent photos and measurements to the individual who contacted me.
Unfortunately, since then, silence.
These bars do not fit the early cars correctly, and use of the bar as supplied stress the bumper supports due to the incorrect design.  Just a word to the wise, especially if you are buying off eBay.
Further updates if I hear anything.
Ray

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone