[TR] tr4 brake riddle

John Young jeyoung_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 13:55:26 MDT 2012

In addition to lost motion in the linkage, check the end play in the
crankshaft. (thrust washers).
The clutch has to push the crank forward to the
limit before it can begin to realease the clutch.
Easy measurement to make
with a dial gauge on a magnetic holder.

John Young NASS# 528
Indiana
'78
Spitfire
'66 Spitfire
'59 TR3A (being repaired after 37 yrs ownership)