[TR] Power Steering fluid

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Sat Apr 14 12:33:13 MDT 2012

On Apr 14, 2012, at 10:59 AM, pethier at comcast.net wrote:

> Started to pour fresh fluid into the reservoir (pump has Delco guts).  It filled right up and won't take any more.  I cranked the engine over for a bit, and I can see the pulley going around.  The fluid level does not go down at all.
>

> Do I have to actually run the engine to get the fluid in?

The instructions for refilling my TR8 PS system from dry are something like fill the reservoir, start the car, turn slowly to one lock and back, top up the reservoir, turn slowly to the other lock and back, top up again.  Or it might have you top up at lock, then again and center, etc.

In any case, it seems like you need the pump running, and the rack moving to get the fluif in there.

-Darrell