[TR] Power Steering fluid

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 13:38:00 MDT 2012

On 4/14/12 11:33 AM, Darrell Walker wrote:
> The instructions for refilling my TR8 PS system from dry are something
> like fill the reservoir, start the car, turn slowly to one lock and
> back, top up the reservoir, turn slowly to the other lock and back,
> top up again. Or it might have you top up at lock, then again and
> center, etc. In any case, it seems like you need the pump running, and
> the rack moving to get the fluif in there. -Darrell

Some directions I have seen for putting fluid into an empty power
steering system says to lift  both front wheels off the ground while
doing the above.  Not lifting the front wheels off the ground would void
the power steering pump warranty.

So it probably would not hurt to lift the front wheels even if the
manual doesn't say to do so.

Teriann