[TR] Power Steering fluid

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 11:59:38 MDT 2012

Have a spot of trouble with the Stag.  All the power-steering fluid leaked out.  With driving season coming, I finally got out to the shop to address this.

Cleaned up the area down below hoping to be able spot the source of the leak.

Started to pour fresh fluid into the reservoir (pump has Delco guts).  It filled right up and won't take any more.  I cranked the engine over for a bit, and I can see the pulley going around.  The fluid level does not go down at all.

Do I have to actually run the engine to get the fluid in?

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier