[TR] Red Line Oil

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 27 22:02:11 MDT 2011

> I have a Salisbury type limited slip in my TR3 and I never found any
> factory reference for that diff.

Would you like a copy of the manual for your LSD?  It has two specific oil
recommendations from Millers; both are GL5 oils.  However, their website has
been updated and they apparently now recommend Torco GL6.

They will also answer emails sent to sales at tran-x.com (which is how I got
the manual).

But of course the gear tooth design remains the same, and they are what are
difficult to protect.  The high pressure, wiping contact of the hypoid gear
set makes it difficult to maintain the critical oil film (which is what EP
oils are all about).

-- Randall