[TR] Red Line Oil

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:18:02 MDT 2011

On 10/27/11 4:41 PM, Andrew S. Mace wrote:
>   No offense to the fine folks at Red Line oil, but Triumph has always called
> for "EP" lubricants in the differential. Dave's technical explanation
> notwithstanding, I'd feel better staying with what the factory recommended!
> :)

Andy, By all means go for it and follow the factory recommendations.
But oil formulations may have changed a little since the owners manual
was written.

I have a Salisbury type limited slip in my TR3 and I never found any
factory reference for that diff. So for me I'll use the Redline oil
recommended for limited slip differentials.

But I agree.  You can never go wrong following the factory user manual
when dealing with factory parts.

Take care

Teriann