[TR] clutch bleeding

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Mon Oct 10 18:31:32 MDT 2011

I know I'm late to this conversation but I'll toss in my experience
anyway.  I've always bled my clutch in situ, not on the bench.  In
fact, it would be difficult to install a GT6 or Spitfire SC with the
line attached.  So bleeding then installing isn't practical.

I just use an appropriate length stick pressed on the pedal and
wedged against the seat back.  Then run over to the other side of the
car and crack open the bleeder valve with a socket on a long
extension.  Then go back over and re-pressurize the pedal, etc.
Repeat as necessary.

It's easier than convincing Sharon to help out.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+