[TR] clutch bleeding

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 21:12:09 MDT 2011

-----Original Message-----

From: Jim Muller <jimmuller at rcn.com>

I know I'm late to this conversation but I'll toss in my experience
anyway.  I've always bled my clutch in situ, not on the bench.  In
fact, it would be difficult to install a GT6 or Spitfire SC with the
line attached.

==AM==
Funny you should mention that, Jim, 'cause I did exactly that once, many years
ago. I was trying to
track down a clutch problem with an early Spitfire 4 and thought it might be
related to the hydraulics.
At the time, I had a Herald that had recently been sidelined (after contact
with a Plymouth that ran a
red light). I pulled the clutch master and slave out of the Herald, still
connected to each other, and
tried it in the Spitfire. Being basically the same architecture, it fit
perfectly and wasn't that hard to do.
Unfortunately, it wasn't the problem, but.... :)

--Andy Mace