[TR] TR3 rear wheel noise

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Mon Nov 7 07:23:30 MST 2011

On Nov 6, 2011, at 9:36 PM, triumphs-request at autox.team.net wrote:

> This weekend I acquired a new squeal from my right rear wheel, only
> when I
> turn right...I recently replaced my brakes; drums, shoes, wheel
> cylinders,
> etc...put about 250 miles since then no problems.  Any thoughts on a
> diagnosis? Thanks
>
> Dave Willner
> Stroudsburg PA
> 59 TR3A

I'd pull both drums and look for signs of rubbing on the drums,
backing plate and shoes. I've not encountered it in normal driving but
it was more common than I would like, when I autocrossed. Happening
when you turn right would indicate the left left side, but who knows.

Allen Hess
TR4, MGB
Bethlehem, PA