[TR] Handbrake warning light

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 16:12:48 MST 2011

Handbrake warning lights were normal factory fit progressively on all
Standard-Triumph saloon cars from 1965 onwards, with the Triumph 1300 fwd,
though the Triumph 2000 of 1962 onwards may also be eligible. My own two
Innsbrucks ('70 and 73) each had a simple interior light type switch at the
base of the handbrake lever. Triumphless now so I can't check their
specifics. Stag shared many similar fittings and features and perhaps Randall
can confirm this as he has one (?) and I don't. It's surely no big sweat to
fashion a simple switch bracket for the lever and then use, for example, a
Spitfire brake pedal switch?

Jonmac

http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk/