[TR] Handbrake warning light

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Nov 6 20:42:23 MST 2011

> Stag shared many similar fittings and features and
> perhaps Randall
> can confirm this as he has one (?) and I don't.

Quite right, as usual John.  Except I have two Stags, and that switch does
not work properly on either of them.

The TR3 handbrake lever is quite a bit different than the later cars; it
actually mounts to the frame under the car and protrudes up through the
floor boards.  The bottom of it does not move very far, which was why I was
thinking a snap-action microswitch switch might be a better choice.  And it
is only a few inches from the road, hence the need for extra protection from
the elements.  Stop light switches are generally not sealed either.

But I am probably over-engineering, as usual.

-- Randall