[TR] (no subject)

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 21:43:25 MST 2011

Hi List!
I like many others have had my exhaust manifold jet coated with the
shiny silver finish that resembles chome. I was told by jet coat that that
finish is called 'Pewter'. they coat the inside as well as the outside & I
thought that i received a yr. guarantee with it. I also have found no problem
with the finish changing in the 3+ yr (over 20,000+ miles). I recall it
costing me about $135 with coating & shipping both ways. I felt that was
pretty cheap. I did clean up the rough surface with sandpaper to get a
smoother finish (knowing that they would sandblast it before jet coating. I
also taped up the threaded portion of the studs with a note saying not to
finish the threaded part of the studs, as they suggested to me to do before I
shipped it out to them. i recall the turn around time being a week.I figured
about 2.5 days of shipping time to & another 2.5 days returning home.
-Cosmo
Kramer