[TR] Mirror placement

Brian Harlan brianharlan at scrtc.com
Wed May 4 18:00:49 MDT 2011

I own a 68 Spitfire Mk3. When I purchased it, the previous owner had
replaced the original right and left side view mirrors with the type
that are designed to mount on the fenders (wings). I know the original
placement was on the doors, but I really like the fender mounted look. I
want to relocate mine to the fenders. Does anyone know, is there a
specific or preferred location for the fender mounted mirrors? Could
someone give specifics, actual measurements and perhaps photos? Anyone
who might have done this, any regrets?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience,
Brian