[TR] TR3A Luggage Rack mounting question

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Tue May 3 22:56:09 MDT 2011

Getting ready to mount the luggage rack to the hinges.

Two questions:
1) Which side (inside or outside) does the nut go?  Anyone have pictures?

2) Is it better to knock out the pin from one side or the other?  It appears
that the one side has grooves in it so I am thinking it should be punched
from the smooth side.

For your re-engineering pleasure:
I decided not to use the two 'over-the-edge' brackets because a) it would
generally mess up the finish and b) would require some re-bending of the
brackets to fit over the post 60000 trunk edge.

Instead I created a bracket that will be screwed under the boot handle and
attach to the rack with a badge holder bracket.
Images at:
http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/Information%20Items/?actio
n=view&current=rack_bracket.jpg
I haven't polished it yet - it is stainless same as the rack.   Also, I will
drill the mounting holes once everything is in place.  Don't want to mess it
up at this point.

Carl
TS81802LO - getting close.