[TR] I finally did it

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 3 23:03:17 MDT 2011

>   Don't let it psych you out. It really is quite easy unless
> tinkering isn't your forte.
> I never heard back from George if he went ahead with it or not.

Don't think it was George, but someone posted on another BBS that they had
done it successfully.  Then a year or two later, they mentioned that the
repaired gauge had quit working, apparently it had a slow leak.

> > If you don't care what your dial looks like you can use a Sunpro
> > gauge,
> > model CP 7983 (google it), which is a direct fit

Here's a shot of what it looks like installed:
http://tinyurl.com/67dao7n

Not very attractive, but you can get spoiled by actually knowing what the
temperature is to within a few degrees, instead of just "hot"/"not hot".

-- Randall