[TR] Finger Breaking Choke Pull, TR3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 14 08:07:45 MST 2011

> So I tested the (probably original and nearly 1/2 century old) springs
> with a spring scale and found that it took 5 - 6 lbs. each to pull
> them out 1/4'' beyond the in-place pretension  point.

FWIW, I checked both an old spring and a couple of new ones last night, with
my digital fish scale.  Didn't have a number for installed length, so I just
pulled them out from coil bind.  The new springs took about 4 lbs to pull
1/4", the old one a bit less than 3 lbs.

Doesn't really help with your problem, but I think it indicates that your
old springs were pretty close to correct.

Sounds like you've got your jets & seals really slicked up.  Hope they stay
that way.

-- Randall