[TR] originality issues

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 06:18:50 MDT 2011

The more I read people saying how wonderful it is to keep their TRs as
stock drivers the more I feel like a TR pariah disguised as a member of
the herd.

She looks like a herd member to the casual glance and even at an
external once over.  The only funny things easily noticeable without
popping  the bonnet or crawling under it is the Motoleta steering wheel
and the gauges.  The tach is rotated to the higher numbers are at the
top of the gauge, and the cluster is: top left combination oil
pressure/water temp., bottom left oil temperature, top right, fuel,
bottom right volt meter.  At least they all have the correct lens and
manufacturer.  Other than that and the Simpson seat belts she looks
pretty stock from the outside top.  OK, she was sitting next to a fresh
rebuilt stock TR3 a couple weeks ago and it was noticeable that she sits
about 1-1/2 or 2 inches lower than the other 3.  So I feel confident
that we can causually fit in with the TR pro keep it stock group and not
be ostracized.

But I do have a heavy right foot and can't seem to keep my hands off the
drive train and suspension.  And evidently that is not mainstream on
this list.  A couple weeks ago a very lovely limited slip was slipped
under my TR3.  It has done wonders at taming the rear of my car punching
it out of a tight corner.

I guess I'm more the "sports car" type than the "Classic car" type and
take a lot of enjoyment out of the "sports" part.

Teriann