[TR] Just sort of interesting....

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 06:50:35 MDT 2011

Been reading the posts about originality, and it occurred to me that my TR3A was built in 1959, sold in 1960. Somebody(s) drove it until 1975,then it was purchased and parked in a shed in Ossinee, NY until I picked it up in 2002.

So...It was driven for 15 years before I had it.  I've been driving it for about 8 now, or a third of its street life.

On another note, one of the fun things is when I carry passengers from work...those not afraid to get in it, by the way...I only have to do a quick punch the the starter button and it roars to life.  This would be new style starter, electronic ignition and electric fuel pump along with the usual.  What it doesn't do is sit there cranking, coughing, and sputtering to reluctant awakening from a coma.

One of my workers likes the adventure of the car.  I let her wear my SF Giants retro wool ball cap from the 60's and my Ray Bans.  One of my other workers refuses to get in; she thinks it's too small and unsafe.  My wife will ride in it, but grips tightly to the chrome deadman's handle.  I guess sports cars are not for everyone.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire