[TR] Originality issues

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sat Jun 25 06:55:52 MDT 2011

In a message dated 6/24/2011 10:09:00 P.M.
Eastern Daylight Time, jrherrera90 at hotmail.com writes:

I want  to buy a Triumph so I can show it!". Evidently so

Yes John,
I specifically sought a TR3B since they were rarely seen at TRA  Nationals.
 I was proud to display a  example of this rare  Triumph restored as
original for other Triumph enthusiasts to see.  It  gets a lot of attention.  I
believe I have helped others with 3B's bring  their cars along in the same
manner. Now there are several out there  showing & btw, driving in Rallyes and
Tours that are associated with  National Events.

Beverly and I once won the Presidents Rallye at the Toronto Triumph's
Club's Canadian Classic in a driving rain with the TR3B and then placed 1st  in
the Concours the next morning. Of course I was much younger then and  could
get up at the break of dawn to prepare it for showing.

Which brings me to a point that may need to be made.  Original  Triumphs
drive fine IMHO w/o any modifications.  No need for fat tires,  electronic
ignition, pleated interiors, electric fans,  etc. They are  remarkably simple
machines that if maintained  properly have withstood the test of time and can
keep up with modern  cars on our super highways while giving a great
driving experience on country  roads.  OK, TR3's don't like operating in stop and
go city traffic on a hot  day.  Unless you have fitted the optional tropical
fan.

To each his own, hey?
Darrell