[TR] Originality issues

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 10:12:41 MDT 2011

Dave Massey wrote:
The purpose is to make Concours more inclusive of those who
enjoy driving
their cars and have enhanced them in modest ways to make the
driving
experience more confident and enjoyable.
............ Then there is a
group who put the
driving experience first and foremost and historical
accuracy is incidental.
But the largest group fall somewhere in between and
it is those people we
seek to include.

Which general group, Dave, (IMHO)
makes itself broadly eligible for inclusion in the prize that VTR generously
named The Charles Macartney Daily Driver Award :)

To everyone else who
widely responded to my query about originality, I've had many replies from
people who like to 'slightly modify' their cars to the way they want them. I'm
truly grateful for that input as this mostly covers reliability improvements
such as electronic ignition and spin-on filter adaptors - and that's all fine.
What I *do* want are replies from those who truly want their cars to look 'ex
factory' and I don't see a response from Darrell who I thought tended (?) to
head up this group as VTR's Chief Judge?
So, responses from what some might
term the 'manic obsessives' please. I know they're out there and I'd like to
hear from them as well.

Jonmac