[TR] TR6 body gap at driver's door

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Jun 20 17:09:23 MDT 2011

Finding a TR6 with "perfect" panel gaps is almost impossible as the factory
didn't exactly worry about perfection.  How big a gap are you talking about?
A long time ago the gap test was............. if you can put your pinkie in
the gap and not go past your knuckle you had a good fit! My "bad" door is
3/8" at the top and 3/16" at the bottom........... and the car has won or
placed in many people's choice events as well as being the cover car on
Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car magazine. I'm sure there's folks in here who
will think that my gap is excessive but the car is rust free and
mechanically sound which is more important then door gaps. I'd never walk
away from a car because of door gap unless........... the cause was a rusty
frame  creating the sag.

Just my 2 cents....YMMV

Bob

Bob Danielson