[TR] TR6 body gap at driver's door

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Mon Jun 20 17:40:31 MDT 2011

On my TR4A, I ended up adding some shims under the rear mount to help close
the gap.
I worked great!

However, please don't trouble yourself for perfection.  Triumph sure as hell
didn't.

On Jun 20, 2011, at 6:09 PM, Bob Danielson wrote:

> Finding a TR6 with "perfect" panel gaps is almost impossible as the factory
didn't exactly worry about perfection.  How big a gap are you talking about? A
long time ago the gap test was............. if you can put your pinkie in the
gap and not go past your knuckle you had a good fit! My "bad" door is 3/8" at
the top and 3/16" at the bottom........... and the car has won or placed in
many people's choice events as well as being the cover car on Hemmings Sports
& Exotic Car magazine. I'm sure there's folks in here who will think that my
gap is excessive but the car is rust free and mechanically sound which is more
important then door gaps. I'd never walk away from a car because of door gap
unless........... the cause was a rusty frame  creating the sag.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com