[TR] TR3 engines

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 16:50:58 MDT 2011

>By 61, it almost certainly had the late starter originally; but it's not at
>all unusual to find that someone converted at some point; intentionally or
>not.  Back in the 70's, everyone _knew_ "They're all the same".

Heartily second this.  When I restored my rusted '59 TR3A, it had sat for 27 years.  I had the starter rebuilt, reinstalled it, and it didn't work.  Turns out, someone had bought a new starter...a bullet-nose...and it was the wrong one for the flywheel.  That actually might have been why somebody parked it in the first place back in 1973, being unable to figure out why it wouldn't start....