[TR] Welding radiator inlet tubes - mating different ones.

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 11:57:34 MDT 2011

> I was
> wondering if would be practical to cut the radiator/cap fill tubes on
> the radiators and weld the good one to replace the bad one.

Not worth the hassle, IMO.  Just take it to any radiator shop, and have them
install a new fill neck.  The part is only $15-$20 new; and they may even
install it for free if you have the radiator serviced (boiled or rodded out)
at the same time.

I had a new fill neck (with 3/4" reach instead of 1" so I can use a modern
cap) installed on my TR3 radiator last year, and ISTR it only added $18 to
the bill (including tax).

-- Randall