[TR] TR3 shroud

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 08:29:54 MDT 2011

> If this is true then perhaps there is little to be done about
> it.

Well, anything that helps keep the carbs cool will help.  Heat shield, fresh
air duct and/or a fan that runs after shutdown are just a few of the
solutions that have been used.  Lowering the float level just a bit should
help, too.

A really potent ignition system (eg MSD 6), capable of firing wet plugs,
might help too.

But so far I've just been living with it.  It's more embarrassing than
anything else, since the engine always starts for me, it just takes a few
extra seconds of cranking.

I seem to get best results just holding the throttle down slightly.

-- Randall