[TR] TR3 shroud

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:09:52 MDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Andrew Uprichard
<auprichard at uprichard.net>wrote:

> I still find my TR3 difficult to start after driving on a hot day...

I get this too and am thinking that when the engine sits and heat
soaks, some (expanding) fuel gets pushed into the carbs and lays there
causing an over-rich start-up if the car has only sat for a short time (say
15 minutes or less).  After a long sit (perhaps an hour or more) it starts
normally as (I think) that excess fuel has evaporated.

If this is true then perhaps there is little to be done about it.  When this
occurs it always starts (but roughly) and quickly clears and runs fine with
normal temps even on 100+ days.  Just a minor annoyance.  A stop at Harbor
Freight is just about right to bring it on.  Other than shopping longer I
wonder if there is a starting technique that will work better -- perhaps
full accelerator initially to pull maximum air?

Geo