[TR] Hub races are parallel?

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Tue Jan 18 09:40:04 MST 2011

Cosmo,

I went through much the same trying to figure out if my wobble problem was
the wire wheels, the hubs, the rotors or the spindle/race assembly.  You can
get a clamping dial indicator at Harbor Freight(Item #93051) for about $30
that is easy to set-up and use (NFI).  I started from the brake rotor and
worked my way out to the hubs then the rims.

This is a lot better than trying to drive the car and have someone follow
you and estimate the "wobble".  Wobbles are real strange, even a slightly
bent rim on the back can make you think you have a problem on the front.

Good luck,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"