[TR] TR4 Fan Hub Pedestal

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 17 11:07:14 MST 2011

I have replaced my fan and extension with an electric affair ahead of the
rad but have had a look at the pedestal on my shelf. There is definitely no
sign of any machining or any marks which could be attributed to rubbing even
occasionally on the steering rack. I used to keep a spare fan belt already
inside the steering rack taped if memory serves (very dodgy nowadays) to the
crossbar so it  could be immediately deployed.
ISTR that to squeeze the new belt between the rack and the fan shaft I would
jack up a plank put under the sump. BTW I have been meaning to replacing the
engine mountings for 30+ years!

Of course YMMV,

David Brister
1967 TR4A CTC77785 O