[TR] TR4 Fan Hub Pedestal

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 10:09:12 MST 2011

Hmmm. My '67 TR4A CTC75157 has a pedestal with a part number ending in 318,
and has a slight relief cut in it for the steering rack (not as radical as
shown in the pictures). The relief cuts through the first of the part
number, and does look like it was machined in. The rack looks untouched.

That was how I bought it in 1970. It had the four blade metal fan (now
replaced by the 8 blade yellow plastic one).

As a side note, there's not much room between the pedestal and the rack, so
replacing the fan belt required the lifting of the engine. Many years ago
this list recommended using fender washers on top of the engine mount to add
clearance, which I did. I can now replace the fan belt while on the road.
Thank-you, it came in handy a few years ago.

Since my car was made around Xmas of 1967, and the TR5/250 was about to
start, maybe British Leyland was getting rid of any left-over parts?

Johnnie