[TR] TR4A Hazard Lights

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun Jan 16 06:44:00 MST 2011

All,

The restoration is coming along very nicely.

I've got the body mostly assembled and aligned, the doors done, most of the engine/cooling work and have started looking at the electrics.
I decided to go with the Dan Master wiring harness, and have begun to study the diagrams.
Yesterday I produced an inventory of electrical components from the diagram, and went into the garage to match the list with what I physically have.

But I have a dilemma I am hoping someone can help with.
The diagram makes mention of "hazard" switch and "hazard indicator", separate from the turn signal switch and indicator.
I do not remember (from 1987) this car ever having a hazard switch or indicator. (I've got the red ignition warning indicator and the green turn signal indicator, but a hazard indicator?)

My expectations are that I am supposed to have a hazard switch, which is missing, that makes the turn signal lights blink, like in a modern car.  It would mount where?
I also expect to find another indicator lamp of some sort, also missing, which is the indicator that the hazards are "on".  Where would it go?

Can someone offer some guidance here?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A