[TR] TR4 front floor mats

Jay Holekamp jholekamp at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 10:40:37 MST 2011

"TR4s came with carpet but I had not heard of an original mat." This is
inaccurate. TR4s were sold with rubber floor mats that snapped in and went from
the front of the seats to up the foot-well. I have distinct memory of throwing
away the worn out mats in my '64 TR4 and replacing them & the original grey
(turned brown) rayon carpets with a cheap black carpet set from J C Whitney in
the early 1970's.  There is no source of repro TR4 rubber floor mats that I know
- a very scarce and seldom seen item.

The Roadster Factory, who did reproduce the TR3 rubber mats, had no interest in
reproducing TR4 rubber mats due to low demand for TR3 mats, the last time we
talked several years ago. Maybe with the increased restoration of TR4s this will
change.

brgds, Jay
Wheaton Illinois USA
'64 Triumph TR4 since '67